- 3 5 ounce cans chicken breast in water, drained
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 ½ cups broccoli chopped
- 1 cup 4 oz cheddar cheese
- 1 ¼ cup water
- 2 cups whole wheat elbow pasta uncooked
- 1 can (10.5 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
Cut chicken breast into bite sized pieces. Sauté pieces in oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat (350 degrees in an electric skillet) until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
Add water, bouillon, soup, pepper and garlic to skillet. Stir until smooth. Add pasta and broccoli.
Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer until pasta is tender, 15 - 20 minutes. Add a small amount of water near end of cooking if needed to prevent sticking.
Add cheese during last two minutes of cooking.