Our Mission Statement
The East Texas Food Bank exists to fight hunger and feed hope in East Texas.
Our vision is a hunger-free East Texas.
By The Numbers
- 24,650,000 – Meals provided to hungry East Texans in FY2020.
- 7th – Texas ranks fifth in child food insecurity rate, according to the Feeding America Map The Meal Gap study
- 1st – Texas ranks first in the number of children who are food insecure, according to the Feeding America Map The Meal Gap study
- 26 – Number of counties in East Texas we serve.
- 200 – Number of partners and feeding programs we provide food for.
- 239,800 – East Texans who are facing hunger according to projections from Feeding America (including those affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.)
- 85,450 – Hungry children in our 26 county service area according to projections from Feeding America (including those affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.)
- 1 in 5 East Texans, including more than 1 in 4 children, are facing hunger.
- 91,500 – Approximate households that are served by the East Texas Food Bank.