Our Mission Statement
The East Texas Food Bank exists to fight hunger and feed hope in East Texas.
Our vision is a hunger-free East Texas.
By The Numbers
- 27,092,000 – Meals provided to hungry East Texans in FY2022.
- 6th – Texas ranks sixth in overall food insecurity rate.
- 7th – Texas ranks seventh in child food insecurity rate.
- 1st – Texas ranks first in the number of children who are food insecure.
- 26 – Number of counties in East Texas we serve.
- 200 – Number of partners and feeding programs we provide food for.
- 204,040 – East Texans (including children) who are facing hunger according to Feeding America Map The Meal Gap.
- 70,560 – East Texas children who are facing hunger according to Feeding America Map The Meal Gap.
- 1 in 6 East Texans, including 1 in 4 children, are facing hunger.
- 117,300 – Approximate households that are served by the East Texas Food Bank in FY2022.