Hunters for the Hungry
Hunters for the Hungry has provided over 10 million servings of venison to Texans in need. Through the program, administered by Feeding Texas, hunters can drop off legally tagged, field-dressed whitetail or mule deer to participating meat processors. The partner processors prepare the venison for distribution through local food banks.
How You Can Help
- Bringing your legally tagged, field-dressed whitetail or mule deer to a participating processor below There is no cost to you!
Due to state and federal health regulations, Hunters for the Hungry is not able to accept donations of feral hog.
- When you purchase your Texas hunting license, choose the option to donate to Hunters for the Hungry. Your donation supports meat processing fees.
Participating Processors in East Texas
- TFR Country Store (Carnes) – 20601 HWY 110S – Troup
- Massingills Meat Market – 3728 US HWY 69N. – Lufkin
- FTF Deer Processors – 1258 Palmer Drive – Hooks
- East Texas hunters can give back to community through ‘Hunters for the Hungry’ program (KLTV – November 2, 2023)
- Hunters for the Hungry (Life & Land – Fall 2023)