Nutrition Education Specialist – Lufkin/Nacogdoches
This is a telecommuting position requiring travel over 75% of the time.
The Nutrition Education Specialist is responsible for educating clients and agencies about the importance of nutrition, supporting the growing number of nutrition professionals in the network, and identifying current and potential resources of nutritious food available to members.
- Plan, administer, and coordinate Nutrition Education classes for low-income persons.
- Provide nutrition training to food bank agency network.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance external relationships with appropriate nutrition and public health organizations.
- Compile monthly reports and administrative compliance.
- Research, develop, and maintain nutrition curriculum designed for children and adults as directed.
- Provide feedback on policies, procedures, and curriculum regularly to reflect current nutrition education standards, trends, and regular program evaluation.
- Provide internal Educational awareness to volunteers as well as food bank staff.
- Develop, coordinate and distribute nutrition education information sheets for various box programs in cooperation with the director and communications department.
- Help determine possible baseline nutritional value of food bank products by using a nutritional evaluation tool (interfaced with CERES).
- Provide support by helping develop recipes for pantry boxes and provide nutrition education workshops and food demonstrations at partner agency locations.
- Provide guidance on nutritious menus for food bank programs.
- Plan and provide information and displays for health and community fairs.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in health/nutrition, social science or education preferred.
- English and Spanish strongly preferred
- Food Handlers Certification
- Certification as a Registered Dietician preferred
- 2 years’ experience in a nonprofit organization or classroom environment preferred, experience with curriculum development a plus
Send resume to Kinsey Thompson, 3201 Robertson Rd., Tyler, TX 75701 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
East Texas Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.