Food Company Donations
The East Texas Food Bank serves as a solution provider for your company by accepting food donations that can lead to cost savings, tax benefits and media exposure while protecting your company from liability.
Why donate food?
Donating food makes good business sense:
• Cost Savings– In salvaging food and nonfood products, your company eliminates dumping cost.
• Inventory Control– A food donation can help reduce your surplus of hard-to-move inventory.
• Company Promotion– The East Texas Food Bank promotes our food donors through a variety of communications and marketing materials from our newsletter, social media, website, event signage and press outreach.
• Community Goodwill– Your support and goodwill will win you the respect of the community.
• Proud Staff– Your employees feel good about their company’s role in making a difference in the community.
How to donate?
• Easy Contact– Contact Andrew Ayo, Operations DIrector at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Immediate Food Pickup– The East Texas Food Bank’s fleet of trucks is on hand to pick up your donations as soon as they are notified.
• Efficient Distribution– Your donation will be quickly distributed to those in need through our partner agencies and programs. These are monitored to ensure that donated product does not reenter the marketplace.
• Instant Feedback– Your donation will be tracked and documented. You will also receive a reciept.
• Legal Protection– Your company is protected from liability by the Emerson Good Samaritan Food Donation Act which is a federal law that provides national standard regarding food donation so that donors have consistent liability information.