DETRC Branch Manager
The Deep East Texas Resource Center (DETRC) Branch Manager is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations for this facility including managing site staff, recruiting and retaining volunteers, and maintaining positive relationships with community resource personnel.
- Oversees Food Pantry Supervisor and Warehouse Associate on a daily basis.
- Occasionally travels to the East Texas Food Bank in Tyler or area Food Pantries for
- Ability to use all equipment in the resource center, including computers.
- Communicates with Food Pantry Supervisor and Warehouse Associate to determine volunteer needs.
- Recruits community volunteers to assist with food distribution.
- Assists with directing volunteers to ensure effective service.
- Creates and maintains relationships with additional community resources that will benefit pantry clients.
- Coordinates and communicates schedules with additional community resources to provide supplemental assistance to pantry clients.
- Responds to request for information in a timely
- Assists in coordinating appreciation for the volunteers of the food
- Assists in coordinating training events for volunteers.
- Speaks to various groups to educate them about the purpose and role of the Food Pantry in the
- Assists in keeping accurate records and reporting to the ETFB.
- Communicates with other East Texas Food Bank staff members regarding the facility schedule.
- Provides excellent customer service to clients.
- Places orders for facility materials and equipment through the designated Food Bank contact.
- Remains knowledgeable of current inventory and inventory levels. Performs monthly inventory counts, as instructed by physically counting and accurately recording product quantity and type, notifying the Program Services Director immediately of discrepancies or problems.
- Ensure compliance with all state-funded food programs such as The Emergency Food Assistance Program and the Commodity Supplemental Food Program.
- Other duties assigned on an “as needed”
- Ability to work in multiple computer programs.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Ability to prioritize work and multi-task to complete work in timely
- Ability to problem-solve on various issues as they relate to the Deep East Texas Resource Center.
- Ability to work well with persons of varied sexual preference, racial, ethnic, cultural, socio-economic backgrounds, and with individuals who are differently-abled.
- Ability to deliver services to those in need with compassion, clear boundaries, and good communication
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all
- Highly organized, motivated, attention to detail, and ability to remain flexible under
- Ability to organize and set priorities.
- Ability to effectively supervise staff members.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Previous experience in customer service, logistics and/or operations
- Experience in food distribution
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Associates or Bachelor degree preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft applications
- Ability to sit, type, and view a computer screen for long periods of
- Ability to lift a maximum of 50 pounds and climb
- Language, Mathematical Skills, and Reasoning Ability
- English required, bi-lingual in Spanish preferred.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and policy and procedure
- Ability to prepare routine reports and
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees/clients of the
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry our instructions in written, oral or diagram
- Ability to deal with problems involving variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends when required.
Qualified candidates may email resume and cover letter to Human Resources at HRDir@easttexasfoodbank.org.