Class A Driver
The Class A Driver is responsible for providing access to food and materials throughout the East Texas Food Bank service area. This position requires the utmost professionalism and the highest levels of customer service to ETFB’s donors and agency partners.
– Safe and timely execution of pick-ups and deliveries for ETFB, driving long distances to accomplish assignments.
– Maintain rapport with stakeholders to foster continued support and a professional working relationship.
– Maintain accurate records of vehicle operations and maintenance on a daily basis, in compliance with TXDOT regulations.
– Safely load and off-load company vehicles using powered equipment as required.
– Assist in maintaining an orderly and sanitary warehouse.
– Perform routine general maintenance and repairs on tractor/trailer, quickly reporting problems to management.
– Serve as a backup driver to any Class B or Class C Driver position as required.
– Complete and perform accurate follow-through on documentation for shipping, receiving, unloading and warehousing of product, as defined by ETFB policies and procedures.
– Inspect product donations to assure that safety and sanitation standards are met.
– Assist other warehouse staff with their responsibilities as needed.
– Perform duties in accordance with ETFB’s safety policy and observe all traffic laws
– Maintain all current licenses, certifications and medical cards, in accordance/compliance with Feeding America, State, Federal and DOT-mandated requirements.
– Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Must possess a current Class A Drivers license and DOT medical card.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent or any equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to do the job
1-2 years of driving and warehouse experience
Skills and Abilities
– Proven ability to safely drive tractor-trailers, operate standard warehouse equipment and demonstrated ability in maintenance and basic repair of vehicles and equipment.
– Ability to safely operate all types of warehouse equipment, including, but limited to, pallet jacks, forklifts and dock levelers
– Demonstrated ability to maintain accurate records. Add, subtract, multiply and divide units of weight successfully; compute ratio, rate and percent. Write reports and record transactions with proper format and legibility, using all parts of speech.
– Understand and comply with DOT regulations and related food bank compliance standards.
– Possess a top-notch customer service approach to deliveries.
– Ability to communicate effectively with volunteers, guests and partners.
– Ability to read and write in English.
– Ability to operate material handling equipment such as dollies, pallet jacks, and forklifts.
– Certified in an approved food safety program.
– Self-starter, self-directed, and self-motivated.
– Proven ability to collaborate with diverse groups of people.
– Team player, willingness to help others achieve success.
– Willing to work a flexible schedule.
Warehouse environment: extensive walking, standing, bending, stooping, kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting and carrying items weighing in excess of 70 pounds; operates material handling equipment; regularly exposed to variable weather conditions from mild to extreme heat and cold, fumes, air particles, contact with volunteers and customers; periodically works extended hours.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; and nothing herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Resumes should be sent to:
East Texas Food Bank
C/O Human Resources
3201 Robertson Road
Tyler, TX 75701
Or via email at HRDir@easttexasfoodbank.org.
East Texas Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.