Agency Services Representative
The Agency Services Representative serves as a spokesman between the food bank and its partner agencies. Reporting to the Agency Services Manager, the Agency Services Representative will be responsible for overseeing the relationships of all partner agencies with the food bank including: agency setup, compliance, and all service aspects of the partnership.
- Maintains and oversees the day-to-day relations between partner agencies and the food bank
- Screens potential agencies and their personnel for ETFB partnership. Review agency’s mission, oversees completion of all applications and forms, conduct site visits, and develops a recommendation for the Program Services Director
- Recruit and develop Mobile Pantry partners in underserved regions of the ETFB service area
- Assist with Orientation and ongoing training of Agencies
- Update the Agency database with current information collected from initial inspections and site
- Monitor partner agencies annually to ensure program compliance
- Receive incoming calls from clients in need of food and potential agencies desiring to partner in food relief
- Provide assistance/advice to agencies regarding the storage and distribution of food, and basic food bank
- Initial setup of agencies and shoppers in CERES (internal database)
- Educate partner agency staff and volunteers on client civil
- Help organize and plan the Annual Member Agency
- Help plan and organize Agency Council meetings
- Informs the Agency Services Manager of issues regarding partner agency compliance
- Maintain quality relationship with Texas Department of Agriculture with regard to the Emergency Food Assistance Program. Stay up to date to all program changes and requirements.
- Ensure program compliance with state and federal regulations on an administrative and site level.
- All other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
· 2 years progressive work experience in non-profit industry.
· High School Diploma or GED equivalent or any equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to do the job.
Skills and Abilities
· Must have valid driver’s license and acceptable motor vehicle report.
· Excellent and effective written and verbal communication skills, bilingual English and Spanish a plus.
· Technologically proficient. Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and ability to quickly learn new software systems. Specific knowledge of client databases & inventory software a plus.
· Ability to work with attention to detail, accuracy, and meeting of deadlines.
· Experience working with governmental agencies and other non-profits a plus.
· Must be a self-starter and highly motivated
This position consists of an office environment.
Office environment: requires the use of general office equipment such as telephone, computers, calculators and copiers and walking across the warehouse and office areas. There may be extended periods of sitting, standing and/or bending; listening, talking and/or visual concentration; writing and/or computer use. This position would normally have routine opportunities to alter physical position or change eye focus.
This position requires about 70% travel throughout our 26-county service area.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; and nothing herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Qualified candidates may email resume and cover letter to Human Resources at HRDir@easttexasfoodbank.org.