There are many ways individuals, businesses, organizations and groups can donate food to the East Texas Food Bank. Donated food will be combined with other food products to complete nutritious meals for East Texas children, adults and senior citizens.
How can I donate food or host a food drive?
Individuals, businesses or organizations wanting to hold a food drive are asked to complete a Food Drive Request at least 2 weeks in advance.
Food companies or manufacturers can check our Food Company Donations page for more information about donating to our food bank.
What items can be donated?
- Non-perishable items such as: canned fruits and/or vegetables, evaporated milk and corn meal mix
- Foods that are unopened
- Foods that are not in glass containers
- Foods within expiration dates listed on the packaging
What are the most needed item?
- Canned meats or fish (ham, Spam, pork, tuna and salmon)
- Canned vegetables & fruits (all sizes & varieties)
- Canned juices
- Canned or packaged meats (mac and cheese, chili, stews, soups, pasta, peanut butter (plastic jars please), cereal-hot or cold)
- Personal hygine products (toothpaste, toothbrushes, deodorant, diapers (all sizes), toilet tissue)
For more information about giving food, please contact Andrew Ayo.
The East Texas Food Bank complies with The Good Faith Donor Act of Texas and The Emerson Good Samaritan Food Act.