Recipe/Image Source: www.foodhero.org
- 1 cup grain (whole wheat pasta, quinoa, brown rice)
- 3 Tbsp topping (cheese, whole grain crackers
- 1.5 cups vegetables, fresh, canned or frozen, cut bite-sized make a combination
- 1 cup protein, cut bite-sized (ground beef, chicken, tuna, salmon)
- 2 cups sauce, stirred (one can cream soup and 1/4 cup water or low-fat milk)
- 1/2 tsp spices (try basil, oregano, garlic, parsely)
Combine all ingredients except topping in a large skillet.
Bring to a boil. Then reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer until grains are tender, about 15-45 minutes. Stir occasionally and add liquid if too dry. Add topping before serving.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine all ingredients except topping in a casserole dish. Cover with aluminum foil and bake until grains are tender, about 50 to 60 minutes. Add topping and serve.