Volunteer & Guest Services Coordinator
The Volunteer and Guest Services Coordinator plays an important role in coordinating, scheduling and facilitating successful operation of the volunteer and nutrition education center. This position ensures the effective utilization of current and potential volunteers to support and expand the work of the East Texas Food Bank. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: managing the volunteer data base, coordinating and scheduling the rooms within the volunteer and nutrition education center, attending volunteer events and administering volunteer recognition.
The Volunteer and Guest Services Coordinator works under the direct supervision of the Chief Operating Officer while working collaboratively with the production team, development team, communications team, volunteers and diverse members of the community.
· Manages the volunteer schedule as well as imputing volunteer hours into the ETFB volunteer management database software.
· Manages volunteer profiles as well as the volunteer data base and works collaboratively with the Development Department to merge constituent files. Accepts and schedules volunteer groups based on schedule availability.
· Works with the Warehouse Director and Production Coordinator to determine volunteer and project needs before scheduling large groups.
· Sends welcome letters and schedules orientation for new volunteer groups.
· Sends periodic thank you letters to reoccurring volunteer groups.
· Works with the Development and Communications departments on strategies for the recruitment and conversion of new volunteers into financial donors.
· Works with the Development and Communications departments when conducting/planning volunteer events (i.e. Volunteer Appreciation Day).
· Maintains consistent communication with volunteers and organizations to inform them of East Texas Food Bank activities and encourages their active participation.
· Manages and schedules the availability of the community room, nutrition education kitchen and production room areas.
· Represents the organization professionally; maintains positive public relations, and exceptional customer service.
· Ensures the cleanliness and organization of the volunteer and nutrition education center.
· May perform other duties as assigned by the Chief Operating Officer.
Education and Experience
· High School degree or equivalent required.
· 1-2 years of Customer service and/or Administrative experience required.
Skills and Abilities
· Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
· Highly proficient in computer programs such as Outlook, Excel and Word.
· Good organizational, analytical, decision-making, and interpersonal skills.
· High level of personal integrity and honesty.
· Professional telephone and email etiquette.
· Ability to read and write in English and at a level that is generally accepted as literate.
· Ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and respectfully and work with a diverse group of people.
· Possess basic math skills including adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing.
· Ability to work at a fast pace with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
· Demonstrate professionalism and speak respectfully when interacting with staff, volunteers and the general public.
This position consists of both a warehouse and office environment.
Warehouse environment: extensive walking, standing, bending, stooping, kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting and carrying items weighing in excess of 70 pounds; operates material handling equipment; regularly exposed to variable weather conditions from mild to extreme heat and cold, fumes, air particles, contact with volunteers and customers; periodically works extended hours.
Office environment: requires the use of general office equipment such as telephone, computers, calculators and copiers and walking across the warehouse and office areas. There may be extended periods of sitting, standing and/or bending; listening, talking and/or visual concentration; writing and/or computer use. This position would normally have routine opportunities to alter physical position or change eye focus.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; and nothing herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Send resume to:
East Texas Food Bank
c/o Human Resources
3201 Robertson Road
Tyler, TX 75701