Tyler Pantry + Branch Manager
The East Texas Food Bank Tyler Pantry + serves as an important resource for tens of thousands of children, senior citizens, low-income families, and people with disabilities who are at risk for hunger.
The Tyler Pantry + Branch Manager is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of this facility, including managing site staff, recruiting and retaining volunteers, and maintaining positive relationships with the community. This center provides wrap-around services, including a healthy food pantry, benefits assistance, and other support services. The Branch Manager also oversees inventory management, community events and engagement.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Help manage the annual Tyler branch budget
- Meet weekly and monthly performance targets for clients served and branch expenses, and implement systems to meet monthly and quarterly operational goals
- Supervise, train, and develop Tyler warehouse and pantry team members, including performance counseling and annual appraisals
- Serve as liaison with ETFB headquarters.
- Occasionally travel to branch pantries.
- Maintain facility operations, materials, and equipment
- Ensure receipt, invoicing, transport, receiving, evaluations, storage, and distribution procedures are maintained for all incoming and outgoing products
- Ensure that proper inventory control procedures are in place, including tracking daily households served as well as weekly, monthly, and annual inventory counts
- Assure maintenance and sanitation standards per Feeding America, USDA, and other applicable food handling standards, including freezers and coolers
- Oversee the client electronic intake process, Pantry & Warehouse Shift Lead, Pantry & Warehouse Associate determine that DETRC weekly volunteer and operational needs are met.
- Direct volunteers to ensure effective client service and provide weekly wrap-around services to assist clients
- Speak and communicate weekly to various groups to educate them about the purpose and role of the Food Pantry in the community
- Assist in coordinating volunteers, and other staffing events for food pantry clients
- Regularly participate in community coalitions and events to promote the Pantry Plus Tyler
- Recruit and schedule wrap-around services for each day of pantry operations
- Ensure compliance with state and federal regulations on an administrative and site level.
- Assist other ETFB Branch locations when needed
- Participate in the organization and implementation of special projects as directed
- Additional duties as assigned by the Chief Impact Officer and Branch Director.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public health services, or another related field of study or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience. Five to seven years of progressive experience with increasingly responsible positions with accountability for staff supervision and volunteer management in the public or private sector.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, excellent time management skills, and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to develop and sustain positive relationships with the ETFB team members, volunteers, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to interact effectively with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and personalities.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Experience with inventory management and ordering systems is highly preferred.
- Language, Mathematical Skills, and Reasoning Ability.
- English required, bi-lingual in Spanish preferred.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and policy and procedure.
- Ability to prepare routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees/clients of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions in written, oral or diagram
- Ability to deal with problems involving variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to sit, type, and view a computer screen for long periods of
- Ability to lift a maximum of 50 pounds and climb
- Must be on call 24/7 to address delays, emergencies, bad weather, and other issues at the branch locations.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
Resumes should be sent to:
East Texas Food Bank
C/O Human Resources
3201 Robertson Road
Tyler, TX 75701
Or via email at HRDir@easttexasfoodbank.org.
East Texas Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.