Summer Feeding Food Packaging
The Summer Feeding Food Packaging position will be responsible for packaging and staging food items for the Summer Food Service Program. These items include frozen sandwiches, fresh produce, milk, and various shelf-stable items.
· Maintain effective communication with Child Hunger Programs Manager to assure goals of Summer Food Service Program deliveries are met.
· Package and label all required food items each day in the manner required with attention to detail and accuracy.
· Ensure all food stays within proper temperature range until delivery drivers pick it up.
· Assist delivery drivers with Summer Feeding food pickup, including collection of all required paperwork and equipment from the previous day.
· Clean equipment when needed.
· Monitor food waste from packaging to ensure level of waste is maintained at 5% or lower.
· Assume delivery driver responsibilities when necessary to support the program.
· Follow all warehouse and driving safety guidelines.
· All other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
· High School Diploma or GED equivalent or any equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to do the job.
Skills and Abilities
Must have valid driver’s license and acceptable motor vehicle record.
· Ability to work with attention to detail, accuracy, and attention to deadlines
· Must be a self-starter and highly motivated.
· Proven history of dependability and responsibility
· Experience using a manual pallet jack is a plus
This position will primarily work in a cooler at the East Texas Food Bank warehouse. Coats and gloves can be provided if necessary.
Warehouse environment: There will be extended periods of standing, bending, and lifting of up to 30 pounds. Pallet jacks are available to limit lifting, when necessary.
This job description reflects management’s assessment of essential functions; and nothing herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities in this position at any time.
East Texas Food Bank, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by law.