Summer Feeding Delivery Driver
The Delivery Driver is responsible for delivering Summer Food Service Program food and materials throughout our service area and beyond by representing the Food Bank to stakeholders and hauling food and materials as needed to and from ETFB.
· Maintain effective communication with Child Hunger Programs Manager and Food Packaging Associates to assure goals of Summer Food Service Program deliveries are met.
· Safe and timely execution of pick-ups and deliveries for ETFB, driving long distances to accomplish assignments.
· Safely load and off-load company vehicles as required.
· Ensure all ETFB equipment is returned from Summer Feeding sites on a daily basis.
· Maintain rapport with Summer Feeding site staff/volunteers to foster continued support and a professional working relationship.
· Maintain accurate records of food delivery on a daily basis, in compliance with TDA regulations.
· Perform routine examinations of ETFB delivery vehicles, quickly reporting problems or maintenance issues to the Child Hunger Programs Manager.
· Assume food packaging responsibilities when necessary to support the program.
· Assist in maintaining an orderly and sanitary warehouse.
· Perform duties in accordance with ETFB’s safety policy and observing all traffic laws
· Follow all warehouse and driving safety guidelines.
· All other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
· High School Diploma or GED equivalent or any equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to do the job.
· Education and experience that demonstrates the ability to do the job.
Skills and Abilities
Must have valid driver’s license and acceptable motor vehicle record.
· Ability to work with attention to detail, accuracy, and attention to deadlines
· Must be a self-starter and highly motivated.
· Proven history of dependability and responsibility
· Experience using a manual pallet jack is a plus
This position requires about 80% travel throughout our 26 county service area and 20% loading and unloading product and equipment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work to be performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties.
This job description reflects management’s assessment of essential functions; and nothing herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities in this position at any time.
East Texas Food Bank, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by law.