Director of Communications and Marketing
The Communications and Marketing Director is responsible for leading the communication and public relations activities of the East Texas Food Bank. This includes, but is not limited to media relations, social media, direct mail and public sector programs. Strong focus will be placed on the development and implementation of an annual marketing and communications plan and maximizing existing campaigns and events.
The Communications and Marketing Director works under the direct supervision of the Chief Advancement Officer (CAO) and works collaboratively with the Food Bank’s senior leadership team and members of the board of directors.
· Works with the CAO and marketing firm to develop and implement a communication plan that supports the strategic plan of the Food Bank.
· Hires, trains and motivates a competent Communications and Marketing staff. Coaches and develops staff to maximize performance, makes recommendations to the CAO affecting salary and employment decisions.
· Oversees all communication and marketing efforts to assure cohesive and consistent message that is appropriately branded, builds on the message of our clients, and the mission of the Food Bank.
· Work with the senior leadership team and department managers to assure required materials and website are available in Spanish.
· Develops budget, action plans, and reports that enhance effectiveness and maximize resources under the direction of the CAO.
· Works with Food Bank staff to coordinate and run successful events and campaigns.
· Oversees the direct marketing program through mail, online and social media. Develops and implements seasonal campaigns and special events; tracks, monitors and evaluates results of campaigns; identifies and implements new approaches to direct marketing campaigns as needed.
· Oversees the communications and public relations program to increase community awareness, enthusiasm and giving. Employs innovative methods to communicate the Food Bank’s mission through public appearances as well as brochures, press releases, newsletters, annual report, website, and social media.
· Develops and implements an advocacy program to support local, state and national public policy efforts. Monitors news and events related to changes in public policy that could impact the Food Bank, its partners and clients and engages print, television, radio and social media to promote positive change. Coordinates advocacy trips during legislative sessions. Develops advocacy efforts into service area and cultural communities served by ETFB.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Communications and/or Marketing
· Minimum of five years of successful marketing/communications experience, involving multiple disciplines and strategies, managing marketing and/or communications staff, working directly with consultants, donors, volunteers and agencies in non-profit organization.
· Commitment to the Food Bank’s values and mission in driving social change and building on brand and hunger awareness.
Skills and Abilities
· Demonstrated successful experience in working with and involving senior leadership in development efforts. Proven ability to initiate action and motivate others.
· Solid track record with progressive management techniques and motivating employees.
· Detail and results oriented.
· Excellent writing and composition skills including ads, copy, and business correspondence.
· Team player, willingness to help others achieve success in fundraising campaigns.
· Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, organizational and client service skills required.
· Willing to work flexible schedule.
· Integrated and familiar with the East Texas community.
· Technologically proficient. Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and ability to quickly learn new software systems. Specific knowledge of client databases & inventory software a plus.
· Self-starter, self-directed, and self-motivated.
· Strong analytical, technical, and time management skills.
· Proven ability to collaborate with diverse groups of people.
· Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
This position works in an office environment and requires the use of general office equipment such as telephone, computers, calculators and copiers and walking across the warehouse and office areas. There may be extended periods of sitting, standing and/or bending; listening, talking and/or visual concentration; writing and/or computer use. This position would normally have routine opportunities to alter physical position or change eye focus. Lifting should not normally exceed 20 pounds. This position may require a flexible work schedule including working weekends and/or evenings.
ETFB offers a competitive wage and benefit package.
Submit cover letter and resume: email@example.com Fax: 903-964-5000
ETFB is an Equal Opportunity Employer