Donor Engagement Advisor
The Donor Engagement Advisor (DEA) is a self-motivated, confident, results- oriented, front line fundraiser. The DEA coordinates and manages the qualification, cultivation, and solicitation of individual donors. The DEA works with a portfolio of major and mid-level donor prospects and strategically engages and cultivates them. The DEA will create positive relationships with current donors who have the capacity to make larger gifts. This will require commitment to occasional non-business hours and regular travel outside the office throughout the service area.
The Donor Engagement Advisor reports to the Director of Development and works collaboratively with the Food Bank’s senior leadership team, campaign leadership, volunteer services and members of the board of directors.
- Qualify and manage a portfolio of donor prospects
- Create individual engagement strategies and goals for gift prospects based on their history of giving and/or the ETFB’s knowledge of the donor’s true giving potential.
- Create a foundational cultivation plan for each person in the Faithfully and in a timely manner execute that plan so individuals in the portfolio are retained and upgraded.
- Prepares and delivers customized and strategic presentations that inform and inspire support for ETFB’s values and mission, ultimately leading to major giving
- Provide personal acknowledgement for all major gifts and coordinate with the Development Department to ensure timely and appropriate thank you letters, calls and outreach.
- Maintain a documented visit schedule and create monthly reports that accurately reflect portfolio activity and performance towards annual goals for this position.
- Identify potential planned giving prospects among portfolios and partner with Chief Development Officer to solicit planned gifts.
- Fulfill stewardship plans for major donors including tours, newsletter and Board report contributions, hosting meetings and leveraging donor stewardship events.
- Actively seek out opportunities to be involved in the community; build partnerships with organizations and associations within ETFB’s service area; act as an Ambassador for ETFB.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Other certification directly related to fundraising may be considered in lieu of degree and at the discretion of the ETFB.
- Experience in local community fundraising with a proven track record of success in 5+ figure gifts or equivalent local one-to-one sales and marketing experience with a high value product or service
- Experience in public speaking/presentations
- Experience working with nonprofits
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent writing skills including proposal development, business correspondence and thank you letters.
- Excellent oral communication and
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and client service skills
- Willing to work flexible schedule and be flexible with job
- Resourceful and data-driven work ethic with ability to conduct research and measure data in relation to major giving growth.
- Integrated within and knowledge of the diverse East Texas
- Able to work well on multiple projects with minimal
- Able to work under pressure and meet
- Natural and optimistic team leader who collaborates with team
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and ability to quickly learn new software systems. .
- Experience with Salesforce or other donor database
- Self-starter, self-directed, and self-
- Strong analytical, technical, and time management
- Commitment to the Food Bank’s values and mission in driving social change and building coalitions to eliminate hunger is essential.
- Proven ability to establish rapport and trust while collaborating with diverse groups of people and communities.
- Reliable transportation and ability to travel throughout service area up to 50%.
- Occasional work during evenings and weekends required, including travel out of service area for meetings and conferences.
This position works in an office environment but also requires up to 50% travel, including occasional interstate travel.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work to be performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, requirements and conditions.
Send resume to:
East Texas Food Bank
c/o Human Resources
3201 Robertson Road
Tyler, TX 75701