Field Benefits Enrollment Specialist
The Field Enrollment Benefit Specialist will educate and assist potentially eligible Social Service clients with food stamp and other social service benefit programs. Reporting to the Client Benefits Manager, this position is responsible for program planning, coordinating, recordkeeping, and marketing social services to eligible East Texans. This position conducts the majority of activity in the 26 counties that we serve and only comes to the East Texas Food Bank on request.
About the East Texas Food Bank
The mission of the East Texas Food Bank is to fight hunger and feed hope in East Texas. The Food Bank’s team is dedicated to building community awareness and creating an efficient food distribution network to eliminate hunger in East Texas. Staff is committed to embodying the Food Bank’s values in all activities. Relationships are based on collaboration and respect. Resources are leveraged in a manner that is strategic and cost effective in order to achieve the Food Bank’s mission and goals.
- Identify geographical areas of high need within the service area for the purpose of targeting efforts to reach potentially eligible
- Provide thorough application assistance via Health and Human Service Commission (HHSC) Community Partner Program to potentially eligible
- Recruit and educate potential partners to provide application assistance to their clients via HHSC’s Community Partner
- Communicate with Health and Human Service Commission (HHSC) personnel, at the request of clients, to clarify specific requirements and
- Initiate, develop, and maintain a working partnership with a designated contact person at the regional or local HHSC
- Provide training to groups, using HHSC-approved materials, on available benefits and eligibility
- Actively seek information about potentially eligible populations’ perceived barriers to participation in food stamp program and other social
- Develop community relationships with public, private, nonprofit, and faith-based organizations.
- Follow monthly appointment schedule created by the Client Benefits Manager.
- Provide partner agencies current information about Integrated Eligibility
- Enrollment requirements, benefits, and the application procedure.
- Follow contract guidelines created by Feeding Texas.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work preferred or equivalent work experience in a helping profession.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish very strongly preferred.
- 2-4 years of customer service or equivalent work experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Must have valid driver’s license and acceptable motor vehicle report.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, bilingual English and Spanish preferred.
- Basic skills in Microsoft software applications including Outlook, Word, and Excel. Ability to use
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision with attention to detail, accuracy, and meeting of
- Ability to manage multiple projects from start to
- Self-starter, highly motivated, dynamic, and creative professional with entrepreneurial
- Ability to collect and maintain confidential information and effectively handle sensitive and personal client
This position consists of 80% travel in 26 East Texas counties.
Office environment: requires the use of general office equipment such as telephone, computers, calculators and copiers and walking across the warehouse and office areas. There may be extended periods of sitting, standing and/or bending; listening, talking and/or visual concentration; writing and/or computer use. This position would normally have routine opportunities to alter physical position or change eye focus.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; and nothing herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Submit a cover letter and resume, including salary expectations to:
Human Resources Director
Equal Opportunity Employer