Client Benefits Specialist
The Client Benefits Specialist will educate and assist potentially eligible Social Service clients with food stamp and other social service benefit programs. Reporting to the Client Benefits Manager, the Client Benefits Specialist is responsible for program planning, coordinating, recordkeeping, and marketing social services to eligible East Texans. This candidate will ideally reside north and east of Tyler and is not required to travel to the East Texas Food Bank Tyler office on a daily or weekly basis. Most travel will be conducted within the remainder of our 26 county service area.
- Provide partner agencies, current information about Integrated Eligibility Enrollment requirements, benefits, and the application
- Identify geographical areas of high need within the service area for the purpose of targeting efforts to reach potentially eligible
- Create monthly appointment schedule to be approved by Client Benefits Manager.
- Provide thorough application assistance via HHSC’s Community Partner Program to potentially eligible clients
- Recruit and educate potential partners to provide application assistance to their clients via the Community Assistance Partner Program (CAPP).
- Provide technical assistance and support to participating Partners enrolled in the CAPP.
- Maintain referral database in a timely fashion.
- Submit required reports in a timely fashion.
- Communicate with Health and Human Service Commission (HHSC) personnel, at the request of clients, to clarify specific requirements and
- Initiate, develop, and maintain a working partnership with a designated contact person at the regional or local HHSC
- Actively seek information about potentially eligible populations’ perceived barriers to participation in food stamp program and other social
- Develop community relationships with public, private, nonprofit, and faith-based organizations and add them to the referral partner network.
- Follow contract guidelines created by Feeding Texas.
- Provision of training to groups, using HHSC-approved materials, on available benefits and eligibility
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree in Social Work preferred or equivalent work experience in a helping profession.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish very strongly preferred.
- 2-4 years of customer service or equivalent work experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Must have valid driver’s license and acceptable motor vehicle report.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, bilingual English and Spanish preferred.
- Basic skills in Microsoft software applications including Outlook, Word, and Excel. Ability to use
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision with attention to detail, accuracy, and meeting of
- Ability to manage multiple projects from start to
- Self-starter, highly motivated, dynamic, and creative professional with entrepreneurial
- Ability to collect and maintain confidential information and effectively handle sensitive and personal client
Office environment: requires the use of general office equipment such as telephone, computers, calculators and copiers and walking across the warehouse and office areas. There may be extended periods of sitting, standing and/or bending; listening, talking and/or visual concentration; writing and/or computer use. This position would normally have routine opportunities to alter physical position or change eye focus.
This position requires about 80% travel throughout our 26 county service area.
Qualified candidates may email resume and cover letter to Human Resources at HRDir@easttexasfoodbank.org.