Chief Impact Officer
The Chief Impact Officer is responsible for the various duties necessary in the day to day operations of the food bank related to program services. This position requires internal communication with employees from various departments within the East Texas Food Bank. This position also requires an ability to communicate the organization’s mission and purpose to the public.
· Represent the food banks program portfolio to external stakeholders in hunger relief.
· Advise the CEO on hunger related issues.
· Oversee research efforts in ETFB counties in ascertaining the scope and size of the hunger problem in East Texas as well as the effectiveness of current hunger relief efforts.
· Develop and improve the food bank’s hunger relief plan and hunger relief strategies in order to advance the mission.
· Identify, recruit, and retain strategic food bank partners and advocates in all 26 ETFB counties.
· Provide oversight and guidance on the day to day operations of all ETFB programs.
· Develop and maintain standard procedures for program services staff.
· Manage and provide support to all program services staff in regards to individual work goals, metrics, and overall program direction.
· Ensure agency and program compliance in regards to USDA, TDA, HHSC, Feeding Texas, and Feeding America guidelines.
· Ensure complete, accurate, and timely reporting for all ETFB programs.
· Ensure proper orientation and training of new partner agencies and programs including: the East Texas Food Bank’s history, its mission, and the importance of partnership.
· Serve as first point of contact for partner agency/program and client complaint resolution.
· Work cooperatively with Senior Leadership Team for achievement of Strategic Plan.
· All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent related experience. Degree in social science field preferred.
· 2 years’ experience in nonprofit program management or direct program services a plus
· Operational knowledge of Federal Nutrition Programs preferred.
· Management experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities
· Strong analytical and process-focused skills
· Technologically proficient. Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and ability to quickly learn new software systems. Specific knowledge of client databases & inventory software a plus.
· Must have strong organizational skills.
· Self-starter, self-directed, and self-motivated.
· Strong interpersonal, technical, and time management skills.
· Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to create products from ideas and document processes.
· Ability to successfully manage, teach and motivate others.
· Ability to foster a team environment.
· Ability to maintain a current knowledge of the overall scope of the poverty and hunger issues in East Texas, along with a broad view of ETFB anti-hunger goals, philosophies, and strategies.
This position consists of work in an office environment: requires the use of general office equipment such as telephone, computers, calculators and copiers and walking across the warehouse and office areas. There may be extended periods of sitting, standing and/or bending; listening, talking and/or visual concentration; writing and/or computer use. This position would normally have routine opportunities to alter physical position or change eye focus. This position requires some physical activity such as bending, twisting, and lifting up to 40 pounds.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; and nothing herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Please send resumes/cover letters to:
East Texas Food Bank
c/o Human Resources
3201 Robertson Road
Tyler, TX 75701
No phone calls please