Branch Programs Director
The Branch Programs Director (BPD) will oversee branches within the service area, ensuring that each location runs smoothly and meets strategic goals of the East Texas Food Bank (ETFB). The BPD will organize, manage, research, and lead Branch implementation projects to include construction projects from start to finish, ensuring that schedules and budgets are followed. Reporting to the Chief Impact Officer, the BPD will cultivate and maintain relationships through the service area and specifically in areas where branches are located.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hires, trains, oversees, and advises ETFB Branch Managers according to ETFB policies and procedures.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees as needed in cooperation with the Chief HR Officer.
- Oversees the financial performance of each branch location and provides reporting as required to the CFO.
- Acts as communication liaison between the branches and ETFB.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with a variety of people including clients, managers, designers, contractors, donors, and community leaders.
- Communicates information related to new policies and procedures to branch locations.
- Identifies advancement opportunities within the service area and reports findings to the CAO.
- Oversees safety and security within the branches. Coordinates with COO for consistency in training and adherence to safety policies.
- Assists branch managers as needed to meet strategic goals
- Coordinates and directs activities regarding the maintenance of branches and the systems to support branch operations.
- Coordinates with interdepartmental teams and vendors to complete expansion projects on time, to specifications, and with accuracy and efficiency.
- Collaborates with marketing team to provide informational materials needed to promote new branches and programs in the respective communities.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, local, contractual, and company regulations, standards, and best practices.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management with proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate when appropriate
- Thorough understanding of the geographical area to be overseen
- Ability to remain flexible and efficient in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to make intelligent and quick decisions; working well under pressure, and when faced with unexpected occurrences or delays
- Ability to effectively multi-task while analyzing and solving problems
- Ability to speak Spanish preferred.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- At least 3 years of related experience in project management
- Previous experience managing multiple sites
- This is a remote position requiring travel about 50% of the time to various branch and service area locations.
- This position requires some physical activity such as lifting and carrying up to 20 pounds.
- Must be on call to address delays, emergencies, bad weather, and other issues at the branches.
ETFB offers a competitive wage and benefit package.
Submit cover letter and resume: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 903-964-5000
ETFB is an Equal Opportunity Employer