As the first point of contact the Administrative Assistant must demonstrate a professional demeanor in all interactions with visitors, volunteers, board members, donors, agency representatives, and company associates.
- She/He assures the reception area orderly and maintains security protocols when monitoring visitors and vendors.
- She/He ensure that calls are promptly and professionally answered and directed to the appropriate personnel. Messages should be accurately recorded and delivered, while also providing callers with information about the organization including address, directions, or mailing information packages.
- She/He is confident in computer skills to prepare correspondence for internal and external contacts as required. Assist various departments with data entry or editing in spreadsheets and Word documents.
- Place Driver & Senior box phone calls as time permits
- Provide administrative support for the CEO and Department Directors by scheduling meetings and conference rooms, making travel arrangements, maintaining calendars, screening mail, answering phone inquiries, ordering meals, and preparing reports and
- Schedule and supervise the Part Time Receptionist with HR Director approval.
- The Administrative Assistant is a member of the HR team and support to the Leadership team. As such, she/he is required to maintain and protect confidential information.
- Associate degree or equivalent preferred in relevant field or work experience
- Excellent communication and telephone skills with ability to communicate effectively with difficult clients or customers.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs essential
- Self-motivated. Ability to work independently with minimum
- Bilingual English and Spanish strongly preferred.
- Other duties may be assigned by the HR Director.
The East Texas Food Bank is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified candidates may email resume and cover letter to Human Resources at HRDir@easttexasfoodbank.org.