Northern Italian White Bean Salad
- 2 19 oz cans of Northern white beans rinsed and drained
- 1 large tomato seeded and chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 lettuce leaves
In large glass or plastic bowl, carefully mix all ingredients except lettuce.
Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours to blend flavors. Just before serving, spoon onto lettuce, using slotted spoon.