There are many ways individuals, businesses, organizations and groups can donate food to the East Texas Food Bank. Donated food will be combined with other food products to complete nutritious meals for East Texas children, adults and senior citizens.
What items can be donated?
- Non-perishable item such as: canned fruit and/or vegetables, evaporated milk, corn meal mix
- Foods that are unopened
- Foods that are not in glass containers
- Foods within expiration dates listed on the packaging
What are the most needed items?
- Canned meat or fish (ham, Spam, pork, tuna, salmon)
- Canned vegetables & fruits (all sizes & kinds)
- Canned juices
- Canned or packaged meats (mac and cheese, chili, stews, soups, pasta, peanut butter-plastic jar only, cereal-hot or cold)
- Personal hygiene products (toothpaste, toothbrushes, deodorant, diapers-all sizes, toilet tissue)