The East Texas Food Bank has an outstanding opportunity for an Order Puller. Make a difference in fighting hunger and feeding hope by being a member of our Operations team. Our Order Pullers are responsible for order fulfillment with the highest level of inventory accuracy, maintaining the overall efficiency of the warehouse, safety, and sanitation.
- According to established guidelines and the appropriate “pick” sheet, accurately and thoroughly fulfill inventory order requests.
- Utilize conscientious and safe handling of all warehouse material handling equipment including pallet jacks, hand dollies and forklift in order to avoid personal injury to self, others and damage to product, equipment or facility.
- Remain knowledgeable of current inventory and inventory levels. Performs monthly inventory counts, as instructed by physically counting and accurately recording product quantity and type, notifying manager immediately of discrepancies or problems.
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe work area at all times.
- Understands and observes safe food handling practices.
- Demonstrates professionalism and speaks respectfully when interacting with staff, volunteers and the general public.
- May perform other duties as assigned such as but not limited to pest control, furniture moving, helping with deliveries, etc.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to read and write in English and at a level that is generally accepted as literate.
- Possess basic math skills including adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing.
- Ability to operate material handling equipment such as hand dollies and electric pallet jacks
- High School degree or equivalent required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects from start to finish.
- Ability to consistently bend, twist, climb, reach above shoulders kneel, squat, sit, stand, and lift up to 70 lbs.
This position works in a warehouse environment and requires prolonged standing and walking. Must be able to work in severe weather conditions; both heat and cold. May require working weekends and/or overtime on an occasional basis.
In return for high performance, reliability, a collaborative focus, and a willingness to learn, we offer a flexible and respectful environment that is compassionate and dedicated to our mission. We are recognized for our good stewardship and integrity. A competitive benefit package is included.
HOW TO APPLY
Stop by The East Texas Food Bank at 3201 Robertson Road to fill out an application
Monday through Friday 9am to 2pm or submit a summary of your work history including equipment experience to:
Equal Opportunity Employer